Saturday, March 22, 2014

I get by with a little help from my friends (and family) - 3-16-14

Beatles references not withstanding (You're welcome Mom!) this lyric turned cliche is actually true. This project would not have gotten off the ground without my Dad. Going back as far as the first time I tore something apart in the basement as a kid or the set of tools he got me for Christmas in the 8th grade, Dad's mechanical influence has been with me for essentially my entire life. More directly - This project sat without Dad's dogged determination and I owe him for that. (This post was written in Dad's basement with him present but that has no bearing on my thanks - really! :-))

Dad has been busy:
Both the Crank side wheels have been painted

And remember that not terribly great looking condenser? 

Yup - all the brackets too along with new bolts and a new Gasket

We've shown both of these pieces before but here they are together, ready for some welding and some additional sandblasting. Dad has been straightening the hoop parts some more.

Like most of my projects - it isn't all about Dad - we both pull in other friends and family to help - my adopted Grandfather Neil 'Gramps' is a cabinet maker and makes my wood cutting skills look pathetic. 
That is a piece of oak that Dad had lying around that Neil is planing

See those three pieces - those are all cut to length to be the supports for the top of the 'Engine Box' or 'seat' of the 62. Thanks Neil! For this and for all the other wood work you've done on this car! (Including storing the wood for almost a decade....)

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment