Wednesday, March 5, 2014

More Progress - 1/25/14

Well another work day comes - and a bit of disappointment:
I know what you're thinking - it looks decent. Well there was a problem. Back in 2007 (or so) I ordered a sheet of 1/2 inch marine grade plywood to form the 'floor' of the motorcar. What I didn't know then and I found out only on the 25th of January was that the thickness of the plywood would cause every single bolt hole, measuring point and height of material to be off. The total thickness of the original wood and sheathing was only 3/8ths of an inch. A very expensive, frustrating, setback. 

On the more positive note, with the assistance of an air powered Die Grinder - I was able to polish the lift handles and take off the previous owner's paint job. 

The one I've been working on is on the left, the right hand side is still left. 
More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment