Monday, February 17, 2014

A bit of History

I realize that a lot of people who will be reading this don't have a frame of reference for my interest in motorcars. I've been interested in trains for essentially my entire life. My exposure to Fairmonts took a different turn than many however.
That is me - in 1992. The Fairmont engine was transplanted onto a GE ElecTrac garden tractor chassis by a friend of my Father. Dad was able to acquire the tractor and I have fond memories of operating it. 

Fast forward to 2004 and I got my first ride in an actual motorcar. I was qualified to operate motorcars on the Belfast and Moosehead Lake Railroad. It only took one ride for me to decide to get my own motorcar - and I bought mine in November of 2004. My work schedule changed and then ownership changed on the B&ML but in 2006 I had a great second job running the water wagon.

The water wagon job was simple - take one of the B&ML's A4 motorcars and tow a pushcart with a pump and water tank on it. If the steam locomotive ever set any fires - I was to attempt to put them out.
Although many things would come and go, including the steam locomotive I used to follow on the B&ML, I still had my motorcar. The rest of this Blog is dedicated to its restoration.
Enjoy!
-Joey

No comments:

Post a Comment