Thursday, April 24, 2014

Got myself a bit out of order - Motorcar progress on 4/12/14

I apologize for missing the 12th until after I'd posted the pictures from the 13th - however, here are the pictures from the 12th. 
Some might have noticed that there are two windshield supports that hold up the windshield. Thusfar, we've shown only one. This is why:
After sandblasting...

It was quite obvious that this piece needed serious help...

So off I went to Dad's friend Jim, whom I will now refer to as the Wizard of Welding

There it is - a bit of aluminum being touched up by a steady hand.

Speaking of Hands - here is Dad's hand shoved into the blasting cabinet...

Those with very good eye sight might notice the interior windscreen handle being sandblasted as a precursor to being painted. 

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment